Thursday, November 24, 2011

...and she's back...

I'm baaaaaaack!  :)  I've missed my little corner of the internet here.  Almost 5 months with nary a word spoken...  Sorry about that!!!  Life has thrown me a few curve-balls these last few months, and I've not been in the greatest of moods.  Here's just a snippet of what's been going on...

The person I thought was my best friend and I had a huge falling out.  It was a lot of drama and caused me a lot of pain.  We're a few months later now and I still have no clue what I did wrong.  She won't even speak to me, so I know there's nothing I can do to fix whatever it is.  It just makes it ten times harder.  We had many mutual friends, and a lot of those friendships are very rocky now.  I'm being very cautious about who I trust/befriend and let my children grow close to now.  I can handle whatever life throws at me, but I refuse to let other people get to my kids.

My parents are getting divorced after 13 years of marriage.  They've been separated for over a year now.  I kept praying that maybe they'd be able to reconcile but it's not going to happen.  Things were pretty iffy even before I left home, and of course I have no idea what happened after I left.  Things just kept escalating I suppose and my dad just walked away one day.  He left my mom and my little brother in a really bad place...no money/food/car/bills paid.  I was really angry with him for a long time, and honestly I'm still mad at him for the way he left them.  Don't get me wrong, my mom was far from perfect...but she's disabled and really has no way to care for her and my brother.  It's really frustrating, and it seems like they both keep trying to put me in the middle and pit me against the other.  I refuse to do that though.  Kevin has been my dad since I was 9 years old, and I love him a TON.  I feel like whatever is going on between the two of them has nothing to do with me.  They're both still my parents and I still love them both.  Christmas should be really interesting this year though...

The Hubs and I were really hoping to get orders to PCS (Permanent Change of Station : move) away from Ohio next year (especially after all the drama that has ensued the last few months), but God has other plans.  We found out that we'll be here in Dayton for another 3 years at least.  Hubs has a lot more responsibility at work now.  He's been made the NCO (enlisted boss) of a huge and very important section of the reference lab he works in.  He goes in early and comes home late and works his tail off all day...but we're very thankful for the job security the military provides, especially since so many others are out of work.

Homeschooling is still going great.  :)  Bones is doing really well.  We switched from Saxon Math to Math Mammoth and it is working much better for him.  I'm leaning toward Teaching Textbooks for him next year, but we will see what happens.  He's memorizing Scripture, his handwriting has improved SO much, he's learning a lot about Astronomy and really enjoys History.
Kayla is such a fast learner.  She can read so many words now.  She loves her little BOB Books and will sit and try to read everything she can get her hands on.  She can write her name and spell several words.  She sounds things out if they get tough.  Her favorite is Phonics, we're using Before the Code (Explode the Code) with her.  She really enjoys her handwriting as well, and is grasping math concepts quickly.  I wasn't planning on going all in with her yet since shes only 3, but if she's ready for it and wanting to learn I'm not going to tell her no.  :)

Around here, life is life...it's still going, and changing lots.  I just have to keep trusting that God's plan is better than mine (though I have many days when I disagree with Him...).

No comments:

Post a Comment