Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Consumed

UGH.

Lately I am just SO burnt out.

I know without a shadow of doubt that God has called me to be at home discipling these young people He's let me borrow for awhile...but Oi!

Terrible two's--schmerible shoos (or something to that effect).  5 year old KK is giving me a run for my money lately.  I know she doesn't mean to do it, and for some reason my nerves are 10 different kinds of frazzled right now so that's not helping. 

We intend to do school year round, but this summer has been crazy!  This is the busiest summer we've ever had I think.  With KK in two dance classes, Bones playing baseball and wanting to sign up for every camp under the sun (arts & crafts, paintball, archery, etc) AND starting football soon, carting the kids to and from VBS repeatedly, The Hubs playing softball, us helping out friends with lots of things, finding a new church, and me diving head first into working out--it's exhausting.

I tell The Hubs all the time that I'm great at multi-tasking, which is a bald faced LIE.  If I get focused on something, it tends to consume me and everything else falls to the side.  Lately it's been working out.  I am consumed with getting healthy (which is going to take quite a bit of work on my part!) and tracking food.  I work out at least an hour a day-which is totally fine...but then I go to log my food or workouts and get caught up in the message boards and "social" aspects of MyFitnessPal.  Or I start to make my menu and look for good tasting but healthy recipes that will satisfy the whole family...and I get sucked into the internet.

While I'm sucked in there my household duties fall to the side, laundry starts piling up, dishes aren't being done in a timely manner, and homeschooling isn't happening as often as I would like.  Same happens if I focus on homeschooling 100%...then I stop working out, we eat out too much, chores don't get done. 

I really just need to prioritize and give it to God--which is yet another area I'm slacking in.  I've not been reading my Bible nearly as much as I should.  I'm serving others first, then myself, and nearly forgetting to serve the Lord in there.  It's supposed to be the complete opposite!  JOY!  J-esus first, O-thers second, Y-ourself last.

It's really a matter of self-control, and I'm seriously lacking there.  Funny (or not) because that is exactly what we were studying in Titus in Sunday School, and then the pastor touched on it in his sermon regarding "Conduct of a Christian".

I need to be consumed with Jesus.  Be consumed in my Bible.  Be consumed in serving my family.  Everything will fall into place as long as I give it all to the One it belongs to.  :)

How do I study my Bible, teach my children, serve my husband, clean my house, and workout all in a day?  Any tips or suggestions on how to make it all work?

Blessings to you!  <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment