Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

First of all, WOW!  I haven't blogged for the sake of blogging in a LONG time.  And it has been years probably since I have linked up to my sweet friend Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  She is living the dream now, and I am trying SO hard not to be jealous.  Just have to keep reminding myself 10 years and I'll be in her shoes!  :)



The weather:  Well...let's just say the weather in Misawa so far isn't as horrible as we'd expected it to be.  People made winter sound absolutely awful--and while the weather systems do come from Siberia and leave us with a lot of snow, it isn't as bad as we expected.  Summer isn't either.  It's mostly rainy and cool.  On the days it does warm up (into the 70's) and the sun is out, it can feel pretty darn hot.  I'd say we've acclimated quite well.  

 Right now I am: Typing up this post before I take a shower and head to bed.  It's been a busy day.  KK has 2 dance classes on Monday, and the house has been in shambles so I've been trying to get it cleaned up.  Worked out hard too, so now I'm tired and ready to hit the hay!

 Thinking:   I've been really homesick lately.  Summertime tends to do that to me no matter where we live.  I seriously miss America though...and feel like Oklahoma is calling my heart home.  I'm so ready to just settle down, have a little farm, and get on with life.  Today I was thinking about it though and it dawned on me that even that will be temporary.  Someday my Father will call me home, and that is when I'll finally truly be settled.  

 On my reading pile:  So many things! For Bible I'm reading through the book of Romans for a study on my own, and now I'm reading through Job for Sunday School.  Job can be so depressing though!  As for other books, I'm reading "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst, and "A Perfect Mess" by Lisa Harper.

 On my TV: Well, if you know me you know I don't watch much TV.  Nothing really.  The Hubs and the kids are hooked on "Take Home Chef" right now on Netflix.  So if I'm watching TV, that's probably what it is.  Bones is really loving "Leave it to Beaver"...probably because he has that same mischievous streak.  KK is just convinced that people really used to be gray.  ;)

 What I found while surfing the net:  Nothing really...I've not been doing much "surfing" lately.  If I'm online it's mostly Facebook or MyFitnessPal.  

 On the menu for this week: I've been trying to prove to a couple people that I'm not "dieting"...I'm still eating perfectly normal foods--just making better choices in doing so.  I'm cooking things differently, and weighing everything I use right now...but in time I'll know what's what.

Monday - Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice
Tuesday -  Mexican mac-n-cheese with salad
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Chicken broccoli noodle casserole and salad
Friday - Taco salad

Saturday - Pizza
Sunday - Leftovers

On my to-do list:  Finish organizing the homeschool stuff, laundry (gotta fold Mount Neverest.  Oi!), vacuuming, making BBQ sauce, and working out.  Also need to return all the library books.

In the craft basket:  Nothing at the moment, but I did realize tonight that july is nearly over.  Winter will be here before I know it so I need to get my yarn and hooks out and get some scarves and hats made.  Sandra also has some really cute dishcloths, and I think I want to make some...not exactly like hers...but find a cute pattern and whip some up.  (I'm a copycat, can you tell?)

Looking forward to this week:  The Hubs graduates from college on Wednesday, and we're going to the ceremony.  I'm excited for him!  I'm also honestly looking forward to getting this house back in order.  Looking forward to weighing in and taking measurements on the 28th, another month down!  Really looking forward to Sunday School and service at our new church.


Looking around the House:   It's a big ol' messy mess.  Seriously.  I'm terrible at focusing on more than one thing at a time.  I've been so focused on working out lately that I've been neglecting my chores, and it shows.  On top of that, last week was VBS, plus it's summer...and we've been busy with "lifeschooling"...excuses, I know...but I digress.  Tomorrow is a slow day for me, so I should be able to get mostly if not all caught up.  Then I need to find a way to fit everything back into my day.  Prioritizing is not my forte.

On my prayer list: Several friends who have made their needs known to me are on my list, a sweet friend whose father passed away needs lifted, family and their health, my parents as they go forward with their divorce, our church and their upcoming Youth Rally outreach to Japanese youth, our leaders in DC as they make choices for our country, myself for self-control and contentment.  


Bible verse/Devotional: 
Facing Temptation
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?– Job 31:1
A lustful look is the beginning of most sins. It was an unguarded look which led to the fall of Achan into covetousness, and David into adultery. A covetous glance soon leads to covetous thoughts, which soon lead to covetous plans, which soon lead to covetous actions.
Job, therefore, had determined to cut off the sin of covetousness at its root, by promising himself never even to look at a single woman in a lustful way. This covenant with his eyes, he rhetorically asserts, will inevitably guard him from lustful thoughts about other women.
Job’s personal commitment to overcome a besetting sin of almost every man is convicting. But it is also encouraging, because the fact that he made such a covenant means that it is possible to fulfill his end of the agreement. Believer, know this: it is possible—although it will require self-crucifixion and constant self-watch—to overcome the sin of lust.
Will it require a sober and self-searching covenant with your heart, before God? Yes. Will it mean giving up casual glances and lustful thoughts? Yes. But it is possible!
So the question that Job’s integrity puts before us is this: do I love God enough to forego the temporary and deceitful pleasures of lustful stares, in order to fix my gaze upon God? Am I willing to enter into a personal covenant to that effect today?  (via BBH)



No comments:

Post a Comment